Choice-based Art for Students with Disabilities

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Here's my art room centers I have started setting up at raw stages at beginning of January. These centers have been updated with additional book resources and suggested projects to encourage students to try. Now I have figure out how to use the "Hello" How easy to do!!!

Now I just need to work on visual posted menus and rules for each center. Do any of you have existed menus posted at your centers. Can you blog it to share with me and others?

Students have responded with enthusiasms to the new changes and opportunities to explore with plenty of choices to choose from. There are still some students requiring structures from time to time, especially with austism children. My classes' size averages from 3-8 students at a time, so I am able to provide at least 5 minutes per student of my attention to give him/her a mini-lesson, suggestions, guidance, and encouragements, etc.... Plus I have paraeducators to assist me as needed. Parental volunteers are a rare breed here, because of the school is a mixture of residental and day students.

Soon, I will post my latest pixs of how my centers have upgraded after the quarterly reports done this week. My latest projects are working on the quarterly assessment forms for all grade level using Vermont Standards' Grade Expectations Guidelines.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home